Friday, June 16, 2006

They're back.....though not for long.

So there I was earlier on in the week, in my bathroom, just changed, getting ready for work.

I pulled the plug out and grabbed the spongy scrubber thing that I use to wipe down the bath after I use it. (No nasty rings around my bath, don't you know!)

It was in my hand when I noticed that something was crawling on it. Instinctively I dropped it. It bounced off the edge off the bathtub and plopped into the water.

Where it had bounced, and all around the edge of the tub there were now dozens of fricking ants!

They were back :(

Where the sponge has landed, in the water, there was now an expanding circle of dark, frantically squirming but thankfully drowning nastiness.

Ergh!

I use the sponge every day, so in just 24 hours a whole colony of ants had moved into it!

I grabbed the shower head and aimed it at the ants on the edge of the bath, taking great pleasure in blasting them into the bathtub proper.....to drown. Ha!

The last of the water drained down the plug hole. I peered in at the damage done.
There must have been about a hundred waterlogged ants and result!, three large queen ants!

"Get away from my flat....you bitches!" (crap rewording of Aliens classic line) I said as I aimed my shower head at them and flushed them down to their doom.I then chucked a load of bleach onto the sponge and down the plughole (just to make sure.)

And you know what? Since then, for the past few days, no more ants! Fingers crossed that they won't come back...Though I wouldn't bet against it...

PS: I thought about getting some cool drowning ant pictures (as there were such an amazingly large amount in such a small place) but I'd rather the memory just fades away.

No comments: