Monday, June 12, 2006

Hell is cooler than my flat


So I spent Wednesday to Friday feeling sick with a high temperature. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we are now going through a freaking HEATWAVE!

So there's me in my flat and the temperature is at 29 degrees C and I'm thinking "Why me?!"

A friend managed to drag me out on Saturday evening where after a few cans on lager chilling out down by the river in Richmond, I started to feel better.

Now why hadn't I thought of that earlier?!

We watched a pissed old man think really long and hard about whether or not he would jump into the river to retrieve a football he'd been kicking around. Everyone around us was silently willing him to do it but our collective telepathic powers were, unfortunately, no match for his sense of self preservation.

On Sunday I tested my recuperative powers by walking down to Holland Park, hopping on a train to Titanium Court Road and then walking back to Shepherd's Bush (bush bush bush). I got a bit hot but managed to get back in one piece. The streets were quiet and the parks full. Even the pubs were steaming full with people watching the World Cup.

So I dragged myself into work today and despite flagging a bit near the end of the day, I survived. Got my barnet chopped in the evening (which, let's be honest, doesn't take long for me) , did the much needed food shopping that I had been putting off all of last week (no more pot noodles for me!) and then watched the footie in the evening after a refreshing shower.

PS: Was only joking about the pot noodles. I'm not THAT desperate!

1 comment:

Station Supervisor said...

Shave it all off. and look like a footbal thug.

Hang on what am I saying, that must mean I look like a thug , time to purchase a wig I think.