Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Not Alone


They've never left but just when I thought that the bait was kicking in and their numbers were going down, my small flat mates have returned in numbers.

If I look at the wall behind by oven hob I can count over thirty, right now, walking up and down the grout between my tiles.

It's hard to resist wiping them out but I have to allow them to carry on in the vague hope that some of them will take the slow poison (too slow!) bait back to their queen.

Darn camera wouldn't focus on one of their larger gatherings but here's a picture nonetheless of a few of them to creep anyone looking at this out.

It's weird. They appear from under the extractor hood that I have over my oven, walk down and then head back up again. There's no food or drink for them (I even have to keep my box of cereal in the fridge to make sure!) , so I hope that they're taking the bait instead.

But I'm starting to have my doubts. *sigh* Perhaps they're just working out?

Oh well, at least they're quiet flat mates!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same thing, only outside. The ants go across the sidewalk, up the brick into a small hole under the roof overhang and back down again. Always on the same path, it's their scent trail. For inside, try cleaning the area with a mix of bleach and water to get rid of the scent trail. Kill any ants you see. There are plenty you don't see to carry the poison back.
Grace

doobrie said...

Thankfully, today, their numbers do appear to have noticeably gone down.

If they ever go anywhere near someplace important, then I fully intend to give them a bleach job! :)