Monday, September 19, 2005

Speed Freak


Work raced by today. It was weird working with a monitor with a lower resolution than my home one. Hardly anything fits on the page now!

It was going to be a boring evening until I decided to join in a company sponsored "Evening Of Go Karting." As I write this right now, my arms ache, my back has pains where the G-forces pushed me into my seat and the contents of my stomach have been shaken, rattled and rolled all over the place!

I feel like I've been boxing all evening but f**k it I had a f**king great time!
There were over 50 of us and so we had the whole place booked just for us. No riff-raff! :)

(PS:I have to blank out swear words or my own blog gets blocked at work!)

We managed to get through the evening without any casualties and I was pleased with my times, even if they were almost 3 seconds off the best ones I managed to improve by 16 seconds as I got more confident/reckless and floored the kart through all the bits that I should have been flooring it on all along. Not bad for my second time karting ever.

And we all got a great laugh out of the fact that we had to wear bright red hair nets before we put on our helmets. So fetching ! LOL! I hope that it becomes an annual event.

Well, I should sleep well tonight. *YAWN*

Recommended for insomniacs everywhere!

1 comment:

doobrie said...

Just read my first line and didn't realise how clever I was being.

Because I wasn't but hey it's nice to pretend :)