Saturday, June 17, 2006

Snap!

The weather is wonderful, it's Queeny's 80th birthday and the fly-by in her honour went over my house on it's way. This had never happened before, so I was a bit caught off guard and scrambled to find my camera.

Where the hell is it???!!! I missed the first wave, found my fricking camera, caught the second and third and that looked like it until after an unexpected delay the Red Arrows turned up. So I didn't get that on camera either *sigh*

Walked down to Shepherd's Bush expecting to catch a train into London only to find that the Central Line wasn't running this weekend. Damn! I'd forgotten about that! So with the help of essential Snapple replenishment I carried on walking up to Notting Hill and into Hyde Park to chill out in the shade under a tree and grab a sandwich. *phew*

There's a lot going on in London today. The Foo Fighters were on in Hyde Park. The tickets still hadn't sold out and the queue for the box office was phenomenal. There's a West End Live event going on in Leicester Square this weekend with casts of London shows performing out in the open.


Also going on was a London Motor show promotion. I took a few pics of an MTV Pimp My Ride UK promotional car being shown off, the minis from the Italian Job, and even the Pink Panther's car!

Then off to Trafalgar Square where a big Sri Lanka food, dance and music event was going on...

Blimey! And boy is the weather just perfect for all of it!

I just LOVE London when it's buzzing like this!!!

Not all was quite hunky dory though.

I got home, dumped my stuff off and popped out to do some grocery shopping. But the key snagged in my front door and after I pulled it out it snapped in two!!!

What the f***!!!!! I looked at my front door key, now in two pieces.

At least it hadn't broken off in the lock. Then I would really be screwed!

So a five minute trip to the local supermarket turned into a ninety minute round-trip back into London (from where I had just come), to get the spare set of keys that I have at work and then back home...

Whatever next!? Nothing, I hope.

Fingers and toes crossed...

No comments: