Friday, September 23, 2005

Birthday Buzz


Okay, so having popped along to the Natural History museum the other day (however brief), I decided that the V&A would be next. I haven't been there since I was small but I wasn't really sure if there'd be anything worth seeing.

So, I googled it and found its web site.

Hey, they've got an exhibition on called 'Between Past And Future: New Photography And Video From China.' Well, that might seem boring to some but I went to China last year and thought that this might be interesting.

Look, they've got a photo competition on. There're only a few entries so far. Hmmmm, I took a picture when I was in Shanghai from the old part of Chinatown (yes, they even have Chinatown areas in Chinese towns, go figure!) looking back along a street at a brand new, shiny high rise building (lots of those in Shanghai).

I liked the contrast. Between past and future. Get it?

So I uploaded the image and now I wait....

As it is, I don't stand a chance of winning. Even I like some of the other pictures there more, I even voted for someone else's, although some of them don't really appear to have anything whatsoever to do with the theme.

Stuff like, here's a picture of my son/daughter laughing. Duh?!

Well, have a look... See if you like anything there...Nudge nudge, wink wink :) (picture 25!)

----

I walked down to Gloucester Road from work today. It took about an hour but I had to do it because:

(a) I had stuffed my face at lunchtime with truffles that I had bought for everyone in my building as it's my birthday tomorrow (an office tradition for us). I bought them from the Godiva shop in Selfridges and asked the assistant to just give me nine of each of the twelve varieties.

I of course, had to try each variety, so twelve truffles!

(b) As a result of stuffing my face, I was on a chocolate high. It was totally bizarre. Whilst I might normally feel a bit sleepy after lunch, this time, all afternoon I had a definite chocolate buzz.

I had to burn that energy off somehow and since all my birthday stuff was planned for tomorrow and nothing for tonight, I had the energy to walk it off easily. It's not as if I was going to go to the gym, was it!

I walked past the London Fashion Week 'tents' in front of the Natural History Museum. Too early to see any models unfortunately though :( No early birthday presents for me!

One of my best mates is coming down from up North with his family for my birthday and I thought that we could do something that could involve everyone so we're off for a spot of bowling in the afternoon. Given that my form was inconsitent, to say the least, when I was in Hungary, I have no idea how I'll do tomorrow.

To be honest, so long as we all have a laugh...

Then much later, we're off clubbing at the Electric Ballroom in Camden. It's retro 70's, 80's and 90's tunes on a Saturday night, so just right for us 30-something old timers :)

1 comment:

3.1 said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you've had a good one. :)
x