Saturday, September 10, 2005

Museum Musings


Today I got to get up close with a tiger, see the huge bones of a blue whale and meet a moving, growling teenage T-Rex (or should that be Teen-Rex!?) *groan*

I needed a nice easy day today. The weather was a mixed bag and I'm still not feeling as well as I'd like to be. So walking around a museum seemed a good weather-averse option.

So I popped down to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington to see how much it had changed since I was last there pre-puberty.

It was a bit of a nostalgia-fest really. I was amazed by how much I could remember about the building and the layout of the exhibits. You walk in and a huge skeleton of a diplodocus greets you. It's been at the museum for 100 years now.


Kids run around and are fascinated by the exhibits in the same way that I remember being. Unfortunately, for me, the museum doesn't really have air-con, so I started to struggle after about 80 minutes with my temperature soaring. Nevertheless I managed to cover most of the ground floor.


There really is just so much to see!

It's probably done best in two or three visits, something that I might try when I'm feeling better.

Outside a giant marquis was being erected for London Fashion Week.

I headed off content but tired. I'll chill tomorrow to try and get better before going back to work on Monday.

Hmmm, I have my pre-Peru Yellow Fever jab to get on Monday morning too.
:S

No comments: