Monday, September 12, 2005

Yellow Fever Blues



I dragged myself out of bed and into work this morning.

Well....After having gone to my local clinic to get the final jab that I needed before heading off to Peru.

I've pretty much had all the jabs you can get over the past years but £45 for a frigging Yellow Fever jab!

The nurse was in a funny mood. She made me wait for 30 minutes and then when I started asking questions about whether I would need malarial prevention...

Nurse: "Oh, you've got plenty of time to find that out before you go. We only have 15 minutes for this appointment to give you the jab and fill in the paperwork."

Me: "But I've been waiting half an hour and will have had to take half the day off for this appointment already!"

I shut up about that point as I realised that she hadn't given me the jab yet and it was best if I left her in a better frame of mind before she did!

Anyway, I'll find out from my mate who's travelling from me and has a nicer nurse to deal with and get the same tablets as him.

I still feel that I have a bit of a temperature today, (I lied to the nurse and told her that I was fine as I didn't want to come back to see her lovely temperament again) but I have felt better as the day went on.

My office is wonderfully air conditioned and cool so is much better than my 29 degrees flat. I think that that and the fact that the weather in general is much cooler helps. Phew! I didn't really want any more time off.

Although, ironically, my copy of Lost - Season 1 arrived in the post today, so if I was off, at least I would have lots to watch.

It's brilliant but here in the UK we're only on episode 7 this week and the UK DVD is being released in half season chunks. The one I bought off E-Bay costs the same as half a season in the UK but has the whole season plus an extra bonus DVD. It's a no-brainer deal really!

Although colder, we did get some blue sky today. I took this photo in Regent's Park.









Yellow Fever

Yellow fever is caught from the bite of an infected mosquito. An
international certificate for yellow fever is required for travel to several
countries in Central and West Africa, and the northern part of South
America. The certificate comes into effect ten days after vaccination and
lasts for ten years. Certificates after subsequent doses are valid
immediately.

No comments: