Friday, April 21, 2006

Alarm Bells!


Something strange happened to me this morning. I was woken up by the sound of my new alarm clock (something that my brain is still adjusting to the sound of) so I got up and switched it off.

It's on a chest of drawers near the foot of my bed rather than next to me and that's how I prefer it as it forces me to get out of bed to switch off rather than just reaching out, hitting it and going back to sleep straight away.

Anyway, as I mentioned, today, I flick the alarm switch off and lie down for a few seconds. But I can still hear it ringing. Weird!

I get up and switch it off again...

I can still hear it going!!!

I look at it. The alarm switch is off but it still shrilly rings at me.

Damn that new alarm clock. What's going on????

That's when my brain caught up with me and said "You're still asleep, you muppet!" (It's quite a sarcastically cruel brain sometimes.)

Sure enough, I was dreaming that I had switched the alarm clock off but in the real world it was still making a racket!

*big sigh*

1 comment: