Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And slowly and surely drew their plans against us...


I went to see War Of The Worlds at the Royal Albert Hall today.
No not the one with the placenta eating alien freak boy but the electro-hippy-trippy one from the 70s conducted by Jeff Wayne.

I'd bought the tickets months ago and only just realised late last week that the time was almost upon me to go!

Just as well that I remembered. It was a unique experience. Live music, light show, performance and CGI movie all in one. Plus there was the 25 foot tall war machine whose legs descended part way through the first act with lasers flying and explosions going off!

A shiver went down my spine as the animated Richard Burton started his commentary and the first bars of the opening tune played by a live orchestra and rock band inter-mixed kicked in.

It was tres cool baby!

The only down side is that back home, I feel ill now. I think that I've come down with something. My temperature is soaring and I ache all over. *sigh*

Oh well, a good night's rest should help. So g'night everyone!
(or good morning/day/evening depending on when you're reading this!)

2 comments:

3.1 said...

Dang. +1 had bought tickets for this but neither of us could go. :(

doobrie said...

Dang indeed...