Monday, December 19, 2005

Hanging On The Telephone


So I've been off sick today and Bulgarian Bert the NTL engineer didn't turn up....

In fact nobody did *sigh*

At all!

I shouldn't be surprised really. It turns out that the woman in NTL Customer Services who booked my appointment did so on the wrong system and the installation department didn't know anything about it!

This was the last straw. I rang up BT to try to re-connect. You see all those adverts about all the people who reconnect being welcomed back into open arms?

Well, I'm obviously not one of them!

- "Yes, sir, we can do that for you. How does February sound?"

- "Excuse Me? Did you just say February? NTL haven't actually got around to my flat to do anything yet, I just need my number ported back."

- "The computer tells me that somebody in the exchange has to do some work to port you back. And the computer is my god, (she actually said that!) it's always right. They're very busy with all the customers who are coming back to BT"

- "But I have no phone whatsoever now. I want a phone line.....please?"

- "So shall I go ahead and book that for February?"

- "Click"

That was the sound of me hanging up.

No comments: