Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Where in the world?


Hey, the sun came back today. Blue skies, nice warm sunny weather and where am I....?

In the office :( *sigh*

Oh well, c'est la vie.

I'm kind of counting the weeks now until my next holiday. I watched a programme on the Discovery channel last night called 'When Expeditions Go Wrong' about a bunch of guys who get the distance wrong about a site they were heading for in the Peruvian Amazon jungle and ended up taking a month when they only had food for a fortnight.

I was looking for a few survival tips but these guys just seemed to be more lucky than clever to survive.

Number 1 rule seemed to be: Don't do anything stupid like wander off into the jungle.

Okay, so my trip is an organised tour but I like to be prepared for anything!
I've set up my Tivo to highlight anything with 'Peru' or 'Amazon' in the programme description.

My one reservation about my trip to Peru is that it may be too touristy. It's quite hard to find places 'off the beaten track' nowadays and I'm dreading the fact that Machu Picchu may be a bit disappointing. I'm sure that there are other older and more interesting ruins around but this is the one that the Peruvian government had some money to excavate. Heh, maybe not. I'm sure that it'll be fascinating. Why else would I be going after all!

Future possible holiday destinations (in no particular order):
Japan, S Africa, New Zealand, Egypt, Morocco, Moscow, Vietnam

So I'm always on the lookout for info about these places. Where next.....????

The photo is of Sherlock's bronze cast statue in front of Baker Street Station (where else!)
I walk past him every day. He sometimes says hello.

No comments: