Monday, September 05, 2005

Where Has The Sun Gone?


I'd planned to walk through Hyde Park on the way home and snap a few things with a nice blue sky behind but unfortunately it clouded over.

Despite this everything feels back to normal in London now. Well at least 95 percent.

Tourist numbers are down but not as much as had been a fortnight ago. Londoners at least are back in numbers. The brilliant weather has cheered us all up and prompted us out of the dark places we inhabit and into the light. The parks were packed over the weekend.

I still avoid travelling at the front end of tube trains though everyone else around me seems to be getting on as normal.

There was a survey in a local paper that tried to measure how people are feeling after the attacks. Most say that whilst they are more cautious and more aware of their surroundings now (discarded bags etc) they are generally just getting on with it. Life carries on...

I got myself some free One London badges from here. It feels a bit corporate logo-ish but I'll wear it nonetheless. Perhaps our Mayor should get London school kids to design 'One London' badges and use their designs instead of the corporate one?

Hmmm, should I send in that suggestion? Who knows maybe someone is listening?

No comments: