Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Busy Weekend


It was a busy weekend for me. I had to get up at 8am on Saturday to fit everything in.
And 8am on a Saturday is toooo early!

I had to go along to the local sorting office to pick up what turned out to be gig tickets (BLack Eyed Peas in December)

They arrived when I was on holiday so I had to go down to pick them up before they got sent back.

Then I had to go into work for what, thank God, just turned out to be just 30 minutes.

Then off to see "Me And You And Everyone We Know." It's not the kind of film I know anyone else would be interested in, so off on my own. There were only about a dozen people in the screen too.

The film was weird but in a cool way. Not too demanding but just right for a hot Summer's day really.

Then home to watch what turned out to be an ultra boring Wales Vs. England football game.

After this, off to a friend's dad's house to feed his cat whilst he is away for the weekend. The house is so run down though. My friend's dad leaves the keys inside the window ledge. If someone did break in there wouldn't be a lot for them to take, really.

The front door hasn't been painted in my lifetime, so is made up of half peeling paint, half plain weather-worn wood. The tap in their kitchen runs constantly (and has been for over 10 years!) as they have never fixed it. (Doesn't it just need a new washer?!)

And all so that the landlord can't put up his rent. I could never live in a place like that, or rather I could never allow a place to get to that state. It was a favour for a friend so I don't mind doing it. It's only 30 minutes away anyway. Their fat cat, Charlie, must have been pleased to see me as he didn't stop meowing from when he first spotted me. We had a long, in-depth conversation.

Then off to meet my other best friend to celebrate him turning 30 down in Richmond. Well, not really celebrate. More kind of sit by the river watching the world go by and drinking beer bought in the local Tesco. I wouldn't have minded going out to a club for the night but it was a pretty cool chilled out evening nonetheless.

I got home early at 11pm and fell asleep through until 10 the next morning! That is long for me! Usually I can only manage 6-7 hours sleep, so 11 was a recent record.

I'm still shocked that we do actually appear to have had a Summer in London this year. It's a pity that most of the nice days have been during the week though, so I try to make the most of the weekend Sun when I can.

Sunday was a more chilled out affair. I grabbed an early 11am lunch and then as the weather was gorgeous (yet again) I walked into London. I cooled my (now hot) feet in the Princesss Diana Memorial Water faeture thingie and then strolled up to Piccadilly Circus and then down Regent Street.

Regent Street is one of the main shopping streets in London and today was a rare occasion as the street had been closed to traffic for a street festival.

It's to let everyone know that despite the incidents of the last few weeks, everything is business-as-usual in London.

I only strolled through but it looked like a great event. There was a carousel, ferris wheel, dodgems, lots of local shop-based promotions, two Formula1 teams showing off their cars (Renault & Williams), vintage cars, a stage with various performances and loads of food and drink stalls.

I didn't have my proper camera with me but got the snap above of the ferris wheel in the middle of Regent Street with my mobile.

I think that it may just be the heat, or I'm just getting old (NO!) but I could do with another two days to recover from my weekend!

No comments: