Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday Stroll.


Well my monitor finally arrived at 4pm. So much for morning delivery *sigh*

I was planning on going into work but 4pm was a wee bit too late to even bother. Nevertheless I was a good boy and worked through to my usual time and then instead of traveling home on an overcrowded tube train was there instantly. Cool!

The monitor is excellent. It's not just 21 inches but 21.3! Well that's what it says on the box.

Who says that .3 of an inch doesn't count, eh?! Obviously to someone in marketing, it does! I wonder what that says about them :)

Today was nice weather-wise so I dragged myself off my ass and walked into London. It's just a few miles. Straight down the Uxbridge Road to Shepherd's Bush and then down Holland Park Road, past Notting Hill and into Hyde Park, down to the other end by Kensington Palace and then up the path that runs behind the Albert Memorial and Albert Hall (where the photo here was taken.)

I cooled my heels (literally) in the Princess Di memorial pool. Funnily enough I was the only person doing this but I didn't think that it was that cold; just a bit cool but with warm sunshine offsetting the chill; for me anyway. (Hmmm, I probably used semi-colons incorrectly there but I don't care.)

Then down to Piccadilly Circus. I went to see 'Wolf Creek' at the flicks. It was okay. A bit overhyped perhaps but if you like your horror sick-style then you'll love it but I thought that the one hour character building, setting the scene bit for a 90 minute film was over long. Not enough horror for a horror flick really. I saw 'The Descent' earlier in the year and preferred that to this. It was as I said not bad just not as good as critic comments seem to make it out to be.

6/10 for me

However, if you ever plan to travel across Australia, don't see this film! Or you may appreciate the horror more perhaps. Who knows!? Guy Ritchie's new film, Revolver is out next week so that'll be next on my 'hit list.'

Chilled out in the evening with a curry and a drink with a friend. Pretty boring day really.

No comments: