Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Across The Border

This morning went slowly. We had a plan to visit the highest place in Hungary, a place called Kékestetö (literally blue top) but the overcast weather means that it would probably be pointless as we wouldn’t be able to see anything through the cloud cover. So I pottered around a bit, read a bit, played Ridge Racers on my PSP and generally wasted the morning doing nothing of consequence.

After lunch my godfather turned around and said "Let’s go to Kocise!"
"Where’s that?” I ask.
In Slovakia across the border. I’ve never been there and I’m sure it’s not far.

Two and a half hours later we’re leaving Kocise having taken over two hours to get there and realising after just 10 minutes that this wasn’t really a city with anything worth seeing from a visiting tourist perspective.

Scenery-wise the journey there was nice though there weren’t really any convenient places to stop and take photos as we were on a motorway. The few that I did take could do with a bit of contrast as the lack of good light has washed them out somewhat. I’ll just chalk it up as another country I can say that I’ve been to.

I did however have a laugh by taking a picture of my godfather having a smoke on one of our stops. My godmother doesn’t allow him to and he always smokes when she’s not around. I now have blackmail material! Hehe!

No comments: