Monday, March 12, 2007

Settled In

So I (and my colleagues) bid our final farewells to Baker Street, uprooted and have finally officially moved to our new office in Marble Arch.

After spending a few days there last week mainly shivering away as they left the air-con on full blast to "clear the system," it was an interesting contrast to be sat there today with my South facing window absolutely roasting away! It's dehydration city, baby!

Our blinds just don't do a good job of keeping the sun out and it's not even Summer yet! *sigh*
I may have to buy a desk fan...

Also, the powers that be have decided that in order to encourage recycling we'll have no personal bins in the new office. Just a few recycle and general refuse points dotted around the building. Which means that if I blow my nose and want to throw away the tissue, I can either leave in on my desk, the floor or get up and walk off to the local refuse point and throw it away there. Good for exercise, bad for work efficiency! As luck would have it I'm only a few metres from said refuse points but some people will have a much longer walk to throw their waste away.

Hmmm, I wonder how long that'll last?

Other than those minor niggles, I have settled in very nicely and even have a slither of a view of Hyde Park (as seen above) from where I sit, though the buildings blocking the view aren't actually works of art.

The main bonus point for me at the moment is the fact that my journey averages about 30 minutes coming in and about 35 mins going home, so not bad really!

No comments: