Saturday, November 04, 2006

Eat And Two Veg

The first (and maybe last) of my restaurant reviews. Places me and the other half have tried...

Eat And Two Veg - A cosy diner type restaurant, on Marylebone High Street, catering for those of the vegetarian/vegan persuasion.

We turned up around about half-6pm-ish on a Friday and half the booth seating areas were free. Despite this we were directed to a central table and when we asked if we could sit in a booth or a seat around the edge where at least one of the seats would be a comfy booth-type seat, we were told that all the booths and the nine edge-tables were booked up for people arriving at 7pm.

We stayed until 7:30 and nobody had turned up to occupy any of these seats, which was a tad annoying.

This asides, I had a nice Lancashire Hot Pot, washed down with alcohol free Cobra. I was intrigued by the concept of an alcohol free version, so thought I'd try it. As it was, it was very nice with a slight honey-like taste. The Hot Pot was okay but not really filling enough for me and the other half ordered something a schnitzel that included oodles of spinach but not a lot of mash so was also slightly disappointed. The other half, also, wasn't all that pleased with the range on their menu but I thought that it was okay. (She is a fussy eater though.)

I finished with a fruit crumble which was delicious and large compared to what I had expected. It certainly filled me up in a way that the main course hadn't.

No comments: