Thursday, October 26, 2006

New update shock

Yes, yet more backdated posts are now available for the next two days of my holiday in Namibia.
I promise that I'll try to get it done before the next big one in January!

In other news, I went along to the Secret Policemans Ball a few weeks ago at the Royal Albert Hall.

It was a good night overall with Eddie Izzard, Andrew Maxwell (who we are planning to see in December and who got everyone in the Albert Hall to hum at the same time which was awesome), Al Murray and the Mighty Boosh being incredibly funny whilst others such as Omid Djalili (shouted a lot with bad comic timing), Sarah Silverman (an American who thinks that she's funnier than she really is), Chevy Chase (yes, that one), cast of the Green Wing & Richard E Grant (Bad ad-libbing) being a bit more hit and miss.

It was all for a good cause in Amnesty International so we didn't mind the less good bits too much, or the fat American guy with beer breath who sat behind us laughing at everything, even the "serious cause" message bits in between acts.

Only other big news is that I have now also booked a long weekend in early December to do a bit of Christmas shopping in New York with the other half.

We saw "The Devil Wears Prada" the other night and it inspired me to book it all as a nice Christmas present for her (even though it'll probably take me until next Christmas to pay it all off, though don't tell her that!) as she's into clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup and all that girlie stuff that I understand nothing about.

Worked out that the last time I was in New York was 1995 with a cheap fly-drive post-university holiday with uni mates...

My. How things have changed since then!

No comments: