Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's hot in the city tonight!


This week flew by as I was busy at work and most of my weekend will be spent in Hyde Park for the Hyde Park Calling festival.

The uncomfortably hot nights aren't helping my sleep patterns too much though and I've still have the remnants of my temperature from a few weeks ago. When will it ever go away?! :(

But this weekend I'm looking forward to a few bands though the football will clash with Suzanne Vega, today, who I really like. I've seen her three times before, over the years, so I guess I can give her a miss this time. (Sorry Suzi!)

Oh, and for all of you that hate the football, here's something that might change your mind....
The government is considering declaring a national holiday if England win the World Cup! It's probably just a rumour but a nice one nonetheless.

I planned on taking my old Nikon digital compact along (as they don't allow professional-looking cameras) but for some reason the digital sensor on it has stopped working!

I recharged the batteries last night and tried it out today with no luck! Just blank pictures every time. And yes, I have taken the lens cap off! I can't help thinking that I've overlooked something really obvious but I have truly tried everything obvious to get the fucker to work but to no avail. *sigh*

That leaves me with a cheapo compact that has no decent zoom on it. Oh well, I'm there mainly for the music, so that'll have to do.

It'll be truly scorchio! today with sun, blue skies and temperatures around about 30C predicted so lots of high factor sun block and keeping my head well covered, as it only takes 15 minutes for it to start turning the colour of a whore's lips!

And on that pleasant(!) note, adios...

No comments: