Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Quick Quick Slow Slow


Had a nice bank holiday weekend that started off hectic and then slowed to a snail's pace...

Saturday involved travelling up to Liverpool (three and a half hours to North West England) to see Liverpool win their last home game of the season 3-1. Then a mad rush back to Lime Street station to catch the train down to Alfreton (two hours cross country) in Derbyshire, where one of my best friends live, then a quick change of clothes later, we meet up with one of my other best friends and we head out to celebrate in Mansfield (unfortunately the closest town with any semblance of night life.)


Then started to slow down a bit after all the travelling and drinking on Saturday by laughing our collective heads off on Sunday morning at an episode of Takeshi's castle on Challenge TV that had all the contestants dressed up in monster costumes.

In fact it was probably the funniest episode that I've ever seen!...of anything!!!

Then off to celebrate my friend's daughter's twelfth birthday, after she had opened all her presents, including a wet suit (don't ask!) with a nice local pub lunch followed by the car ride back down to London (two and a quarter hours.)

Phew!

After all that I didn't even leave the house on Monday having one of those couldn't be bothered to do anything-type days. So I just taking the time to catch up on a load of TV and movies.

I've started to get itchy feet again and so have started checking out holiday options for August. So far Cambodia/Vietnam looks favourite....Though it's not as if I can book anything as my new debit card still hasn't turned up at my local bank! *sigh*

It's not all bad news though. I got a letter from the council telling me that I had been overpaying my council tax due to a clerical error resulting in my flat being put into the wrong tax banding!

For the last seven years!!! Yeah, they never noticed.

They refunded me over nine hundred quid! Cor blimey guv'nor! Oh, and in case you were wondering.... That's how I can afford to go on holiday.

I'm all excited!!!

Okay, so they just gave me the money back with no interest but it's better than a kick in the teeth, right?

Tomorrow I plan on popping along to the Marble Arch Odeon (soon to be right next door to where my office is moving...that'll be handy!) to see Mission Impossible III whilst getting high on Maltesers, because mixing lots of chocolate and diet coke gives me a chemical high!

Then Friday I'm off from work a bit earlier than usual to check out the Michelangelo exhibition at the British Museum. (finally!)

The weekend? I have no idea. Yet.... Though it may involve trying to find this...

No comments: