Monday, May 29, 2006

A plague on your house!

No pictures this time....They just wouldn't be nice...Read on to find out why.

So, I'm just getting ready to go to bed on Thursday night when I notice that I've had a missed call during the day when I was ay work. I check and find a rather distressing voice mail.

"Hello Mr Doobrie, this is Debbie from the agency selling your late mother's house. We had somebody go to see it yesterday and well, you appear to have a moth infestation. There are LOADS of moths (she really emphasised that word) and a rather unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom. They were even crawling on the walls as we entered. We had to just close the door and leave the flat. Just talking about it is making me itch, could you please ring be back IMMEDIATELY (emphasised by her again) to get this resolved."

*sigh* They had a mice infestation last year which they paid to fix and I had my ant infestation and now this!!! Whatever next?! A plague of locusts?!

Plus the timing was brilliant. Here's me going to bed with the sound of this woman saying "LOADS of moths" ringing around in my head. Nightmares here I come!

I'm not keen on creepy crawlies but will deal with them if need be just to prove that I'm higher up the food chain than they are but here I was having visions of leathery moth wings assaulting me as I enter my mum's flat and cocoons all over the place with half the carpet and funiture eaten away. A lot could have happened in the nine months since I'd last been there. And what about the smell coming from the bathroom? What the hell is that supposed to be? Is that where their nest is or has something died in there???!!!

So I slept really well that night. I had a dream that I was in that scene from "Silence Of The Lambs" where Clarice Starling is wandering around in the moth infested dark whilst the killer is stalking her with his night vision goggles on.

To be continued....

1 comment:

3.1 said...

Moths. My greatest fear.

And that scene from Silence of the Lambs certainly gets my heart racing!