Monday, January 02, 2006

So, another year, eh?


It's been nice to have a few lazy days at home over the holiday period. Yay!

But it's back to the usual work routine tomorrow. Boo!

I spent New Years Eve with friends at Camden's Electric Ballroom boogying the night away to the same 80s and 90s tunes that I grew up with. So much for not living in the past!

The place was packed but never so uncomfortably so compared to last year when I went to a School Disco event and you were basically trapped like a sardine at midnight. That was really(!) pleasant.

Hmmm, maybe something different music-wise next year? Who knows?

It was a good night though. Okay so I'm single and my mates have given up trying to set me up, 'cause it just gets embarrassing or annoying or both for all concerned. Tonight though seemed to be more about fun. Which, to be honest was a relief. I needed a good time.

The Ballroom really pushed the boat out on balloons for the zero hour (There must have been, oh...about thirty) though what they lacked in quantity, they made up for in size! They had to be the biggest, most blown up balloons I've ever seen! And as you can see from the top part of the picture above, they had a really sophisticated way of switching the lights, above the DJs' booth from 2005 to 2006 by illuminated an extra strip at the right time *laugh*

The biggest worry of the night was about how to get there and how to get home. There was supposed to be a tube strike on but apart from a handful of strikers staying away and closing down a few stations, everything ran the same as usual. Well, almost everything. The train didn't actually stop at the station that we were supposed to interchange at on the way back, so we had to do a bit of walking to figure out what was open and what wasn't but, in our state, a bit of walking did us a lot of good. We only had to carry one person most of the way, so it wasn't too bad. I'll take the exercise any way that I can!!

I took the other two pictures on the walk back. There were more police along the route than I've seen in a long time too but everyone was in good spirits and I hope that the night was a good one for everyone.

Oh...And resolutions? What are they good for??? Absolutely nothing! (War too.)

No comments: