Friday, November 18, 2005

Night Walking


Boy has it been cold the past few days! So when someone asks, "fancy going to the pub?" or cinema or whatever, I shiver and think, "Wow I'll have to drink loads so that I won't feel the cold on the way home" That's my excuse anyway!

Today I was too tired to stay out long but then found a sudden reservoir of energy and walked all the way from the top of Baker Street to South Kensington!!! Normally a quick journey across Hyde Park, now takes a bit longer as obviously it's dark by the time I leave work and the park is closed to all but the strange ones that hang out in parks at night.

So walked all the way around. *phew* It took me over an hour (much longer than usual!!!) but I got to check out the latest ice rink to open over Winter in London, in front of the Natural History Museum. I don't think that many people know about it (I think it only opened this week?) so it wasn't too packed. I'll have to grab a few friends and pop along before it takes off too much.

The Christmas lights have all been switched on the main shopping streets in London and I took a few more photos as I walked home yesterday down Marylebone High Street. It was closed off to traffic for the switching on of their lights. Unfortunately, I just missed Nell McAndrew who switched them on. They had snow machines at full blast setting the scene, though according to the weather-people we're due to have a really cold Winter with loads of snow this year. Last year we had about half a day of snow in London. I'm starting to forget what it looks like!

Plus then I walked past Burlington Arcade (by the Royal Academy of Arts off Piccadilly) and wondered what the big crowds were about there too. It turns out that the Duchess of Cornwall (Prince Charlie's other half) was turning on the arcade's lights! Thought it would have been a bit beneath her personally *meow!* Haha!

Trouble was, none of my night time shots came out. I thought I had a steady hand but obviously not steady enough. I'm off to hunt for a tripod tomorrow, so hopefully some better London at night shots in the next few days.

Popped out after work on Tuesday to see my 56th(!) film of the year, "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang." It's directed and written by the guy who did the Lethal Weapon movies but has a lot more swearing and violence. Well it is a 15 certificate! I liked it. 8/10. It was a fun movie and Robert Downey Jr. makes a great film comeback after all his problems.

No comments: