Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Annoyed but still happy


Things that REALLY annoyed me this morning:

Missed a tube train at Acton Town by an inch. The doors shut in front of my nose as I raced down the stairs. It was half empty too!

The next train was packed but I squeezed in and enjoyed the scent of eau de unwashed masses. Why are there still people in this world who don't use deodorant?!

The woman who insisted on sitting crossed legged, kicking my shins with her outstretched leg as I stood in the aisle in front of her.
"I don't have anywhere else to go. I have to stand here!"

Missing my second train at Green Park by an inch because people insisted on using the stairs, reserved for people entering the platform, to leave it!
"Don't you know what "For emergency use only" means !!!"

Finally getting a seat on the next train only to find that the two suits on either side of me insist on stretching out their legs and arms as they read their respective newspapers.

Getting to the exit at Baker Street to find a bunch of French school kids blocking the way out as they don't know how to use the ticket barriers!
"Because ticket barriers in France are soooo different, n'est pas?"

So that great start to the day put me in a great frame of mind, as you can imagine!

Things that made me happy this morning:
It wasn't as cold as the day before.
It wasn't raining.
A girl smiled at me as I came out of Baker Street station.
(She must have been high on drugs or something!?)
Blogging to let off steam rather than taking it out on those around me.
I'm still healthy and alive!!!

PS: Spell-checking at blogger.com continues to bring a smile to my face. It insisted that 'Blogging' was not a valid word and suggested 'flogging' as its replacement!
So you can do the replacement yourself above and have a free grin on me :)

The photo is another one taken in one of my favourite parts of Regent's Park by the bridges at one end of the lake.

2 comments:

Mara said...

LOL.. I tend to use the word 'Frikkin' alot.... and blogger spell checker always recommends the #1 replacement as 'foreskin'

So.. from the bottom of my heart...

Have a FORESKIN AWESOME afternoon!

::smooches::
Mara

Station Supervisor said...

I was reading my book on the way home tonight and i came across the word brouhaha, I think it means a scuffle or disturbance.