Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dreaming Of Natalie

So what have I been up to in the last week? Well, shiver me timbers if I didn't just go a whole nine days without going to the cinema! Wow! Feeling dizzy. Withdrawal symptoms kicking in. Arggggghhhhh! Calm down....Watch DVDs...Watch DVDs....Watch DVDs....Phew, that's better. Truth is, it's been so bloody cold in London that I went into hibernation over the weekend. I did make an attempt on Sunday evening to venture out and try and see the new Harry Potter film but it was sold out through to the last showings. That was a quick trip into the city but I didn't care. Needed the fresh air... During the week I've mananged to go to two gigs to see Natalie Imbruglia twice! Nah, never done this before, even if I really like an artist or band, I'll settle with just one gig. Most people do.

I've always looked on those fans that follow an artist around on their tour or go to every night at a particular venue as weird. But hey, I can be weird too and fuck me if my reasoning wasn't perfectly sane:

Number one, I only bought a ticket for the first gig, on Monday and it was crap! Well, Natalie and the band were great but the crowd was the biggest bunch of duffers/muppets/zombies that I have ever come across at a gig. They just stood and watched with no reaction. Truly bizzarre!

There was me and a few around me clapping and bobbing around and then there was the rest, decomposing with body parts falling off. That's really how it felt.... Poor old Natalie. Imagine performing live and having an audience like that!!!

So I decided, I've got to see her with a better audience. It just had to be better on Thursday....IT JUST HAD TO BE! PLEASE!

Number two, the venue is a quick quarter of an hour bus ride away. So bloody easy to get to. If I'd have had to travel across the city, I may not have bothered with going back after Monday's Mogadon crowd.

And finally, I didn't want to read the forums on her website and hear that the Thursday gig was awesome and I'd be kicking myself that I got the night of the living dead audience instead!

So along I went tonight and thank God, the gig WAS awesome! The crowd was brilliant and Natalie's performance reflected it. No doubt, although she was excellent on Monday, even with the dead muppets watching(!) tonight she took it to another level. I even got a good standing position and bopped along all night with a big smile on my face. She pointed to me along with a few others around the venue, later on, to say thanks. SO FRIGGING COOL!

To top it all off, I managed to get a ticket from someone with a spare, deperate to get into the gig, outside the venue, for a fifth of the regular ticket price!!! The nearest tout looked really pissed off that I'd bought one off someone else but screw you! Nobody likes a tout. Ha!

No comments: