Friday, November 11, 2005

Busy / Lazy

Hey all. Sorry, I've been either really busy or really lazy over the past few days to update this blog. *sigh*

Well, what have I been up to? Ermmm, I walked on a lot of graves in Abney Park Cemetery last week. It was all part of a voluntary work program my company sponsors. A group of us cleared briars and other prickly things away in sections of the cemetery so that they can use them for nature talks etc for the local school kids. Sometimes you just had to step on the graves to get to the bits you needed to clear out! It was a good day's work (though muddy) and the weather was nice too!

Then I managed to see Sheryl Crow live and as a bonus found myself in the fourth row at the Hammersmith Apollo. My crappy mobile-camera didn't like the dim light though and none of my pictures came out particularly well, despite her being just in front of me :(

Plus I've managed to see two films over the past few days (well, I've got to keep my quota up!.)
They were "The Brothers Grimm" which I'd give 7/10 because I like Terry Gillian films and fantasy type stuff and "Broken Flowers" 8/10 which is the new Bill Murray one. I've liked his past few films when lots of people I know have hated them. Lost In Translation, in particular is one of my favourites but some people just didn't get it and fall asleep watching it!

Oh well. The whole jet lag, living from a hotel in a country where the culture and language is so different is captured so well and is something that I can understand from my few travels that I just love the film!

Oh, and finally, whilst I haven't actually written a hell of a lot about my Peru holiday here, those that are interested can check out the site that I've knocked up for photos and a brief synopsis of what I got up to when I was over there.

Find it here.
PS: Don't look to closely at the picture of a roast Guinea-pig that my mate is about to eat if that kind of thing is likely to disagree with you!!!

No comments: