Thursday, September 15, 2005

Return Of The Rain

Today was a bit of a dreary day weather wise.

I'm starting to feel almost 100% now and would have liked to go for a stroll through Hyde Park on the way home but not in the pouring rain!

One good thing about the mixed Summer in London is that the parks are so green. They did a comparison in the paper yesterday with how Kensington Palace Gardens (The grounds by which Princess Di used to live, next to Hyde Park) with a few years ago when we had a dry summer and things look so much greener this year.

If only it would rain overnight and then stay sunny during daylight hours!

I'm starting to get to the point where it's dark by the time I get home as well, so I may end up posting a few more London at night type pictures though def. not in the park!

All sorts of strange people inhabit London's parks at night, so I'll stay well away and will be walking around them instead.

Although it's not as if life in Acton, where I live, is all that safe. Over the past two weeks we've had two people stabbed and killed within a block of me and four break-ins over the weekend in my block of flats!

I'm seriously starting to ponder about moving somewhere 'nicer.'

Acton itself isn't so bad but there seem to be a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands hanging around the town nowadays. I rarely see any police walking around and although I make a point of never looking like a victim and have never been one, thank God, I can see how others could be a lot more afraid living here nowadays.

Acton is just so darned convenient travel-wise for someone like me (that doesn't drive) to get into the city, go to work, go out etc.

No comments: