Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rainy Days

Work flew by today. It's good to be busy but I still always feel as if I'm playing catch-up.

Lunch time was spent hunting down for a new rucksack. My long term rucksack that has travelled the world with me decided to give up the ghost today. Well... Its zips did anyway. No matter how much I tried they just went backwards and forwards without fastening. I guess I could have done something about it; got it fixed or something but it was getting on a bit in 'bag years' and it was time for it to be put out to pasture.

The new rucksack I bought is brilliant though. Much bigger with loads of pockets. Perfect for travelling. It took me about 10 minutes just to rumage through the old one and put everything into the new one before I headed home. Bonus! I found loads of money in the distant recessses of my bag.

So I headed home, walking down from by Regent's Park, where I work down Baker Street and across Hyde Park down to Hyde Park Corner. In the rain. But it wasn't too bad. The picture here is of a view across Hyde Park in the rain. Doesn't look too bad really does it?

Problem was I got to Hyde Park Corner and found that the Picadilly line was suspended because of a 'passenger incident' at Turnham Green. *sigh* I weighed up my options and headed back the way I had come to catch the Central Line West instead. As I was walking back it suddenly dawned on me that...Damn! I'd left my house keys in my old bag....Back in the office! *BIG SIGH* I'd forgotten to look in my front zip pocket where I keep my keys and had left them behind!

So I walked past Marble Arch and back up Baker Street to work. Grabbed my keys and got the Bakerloo to Paddington where with a big of a jog I managed to catch a main line train down to Acton.

Thinking about it afterwards I worked out that I'd walked for about an hour and 35 mins in total. A few weeks ago when the weather was nicer I walked back home from work. It took an hour and 40 mins. So today I'd practically walked the distance back home.

A great hot shower waited me when I got home. I am so glad I got the plumbing sorted!

Music on my personal jukebox today: Hard Fi - Stars Of CCTV

No comments: