Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Dirty!


A short work day for me today. But hey! I've now got hot water! I heard a loud pop last week and woke up on Wednesday morning to find that I didn't have any hot water.

Having arranged to have a plumber come around the following day, I left work early to find all hell had broken lose on the tube network as a result of the failed "loser" bombers and everything was suspended.

I've had to wait until today for someone to come around so was crossing my fingers and hoping that nothing else "happened" as I left work early to head home and meet the plumber.

Thankfully, all went well. The circuit board that controls the hot water pump had shorted (worringly for an unknown reason) and needed replacing. I was glad that things were so simple as I wasn't looking forward to having to take more time off to get something else replaced or to having to follow the daily boiling enough water in all my pots and pans (and electric kettle!) routine for 30-60 mins just to have a decent bath!

Well I'm glad that that's over and done with!

To counter the exciting circuit board picture, here's one that was taken out of my window looking South at the evening sky (last week.) Not bad for a London town view, eh?


Today's feeling: Relief

No comments: