Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In shock

I got made redundant from my job of eight and a half years yesterday.
To say that it came as a bit of a surprise is an understatement.

I know there's no such thing as a job for life but I was busy in my last job and looking forward to the future.

I'm still in a state of shock today but have started to look to see what the market has to offer comparable to what I currently do. And the answer is not a lot. Not that I have a CV anywhere anyway. That's long gone on some old PC.

Since my financial stability is now up the creek the marriage arrangements, honeymoon and house moving have now been put on hold. Great timing, eh?

If it wasn't for the support that my other half has given me I'd be in such a state right now, though I'm sat here at home alone now, still shaking and so sad.

*sob*

6 comments:

Station Supervisor said...

HI Doobrie

Sorry to hear about the lose of the job, something will turn up soon, however why not try our lot as they pay a decent wage.

£21,500 as a CSA then you can see how we put up with the travelling public

John

Anonymous said...

oh, nooo :(

hope you can find something good, permanent and prosperous soon... all the best luck, though! i really hope it all turns around and becomes a good thing.

good luck! and sorry again.

Eileen H said...

Sorry to here your bad news.

Hubby was made redudnant last year after 31 years on permament nights.

Hope another job turns up for you soon.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of going to the boss (many years ago) and saying "I'm engaged. How about a pay rise?" only to be told" I'm glad you raised the subject, we've been thinking about it and we're going to have to let you go."

Just take your life and walk away. They can stuff it. There are plenty of jobs around, and many of them are better than where you were. go for it and get one of the better ones. You'll be better paid and the job satisfaction will be better. You now know what that place was like - and you now know that you wouldn't have wanted to continue to work there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
doobrie said...

Thank you all.

I guess some things do turn out okay after all :)