Thursday, January 03, 2008

2007 - A Mainly Positive Spin

January (The last long-haul adventure?)
  • Went on a trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.
  • Made it back in one piece.
February (A moving month)
  • Moved offices down the road from Baker Street to Marble Arch knocking 15 minutes off my average journey time giving me back almost a working week each year in time that I can now spend in bed. Zzzzzzzz.
  • Took the other half to see Dirty Dancing on Valentine's Day which she liked (a lot) and realised now that I bemusingly didn't blog about this at all.
March (The month I became a debt-free man)

  • Finally(!) sold my mum's flat and used the money to pay off my mortgage.
  • Blog re-christened to reflect it's wider-wordly aspirations. Ironically, August excepted, just as I stopped travelling.
  • April showers arrived early as it rained (a lot.)
April

  • Made an April Fools' joke about something on my blog. Can't remember what though!
  • Had a brilliant day out at London Zoo. Would recommend anyone go on an April week day when it's relatively quiet. It's well worth it.
  • Played Guitar Hero II (a lot.) Sadly had blisters to prove this.
May(-us horribulus)

  • Caught some kind of flu-ey thing.
  • Left my keys at work and had to go all the way back in to get them.
  • Had a hoodie try to set his dog on me.
  • Moaned (a lot.)
June

  • Made the (as yet not achieved) joint decision to move in with the other half.
  • Got to go to see England play at the newly re-opened Wembley Stadium.
July (Music month)
  • Saw Tori Amos and Suzanne Vega live as well as a rather good (though pointless from a message stand point) Live Earth concert at Wembley Stadium.
August (The triple-header holiday!)

  • Went to Rome and got engaged.
  • Went to Dubai and bought a ring.
  • Went to Hungary and saw my late grandmother for the last time.
  • Oh, and in between these, won a compo to see K T Tunstall live at an intimate gig, which was kinda cool.
September

  • Had a birthday where I could commiserate the fact that I was now closer to 40 than 30.
  • Saw the excellent Patrick Stewart staring as Macbeth in the West End.
  • Got (almost) up-close with Gwen Stefani.
  • Saw the first set of Christmas decorations go on sale in the shops at the end of this month!
October

  • Met my favourite author, Neil Gaiman, and got my copy of 'Stardust' signed along with a photo on my camera which I eventually retrieved after having walked out without it.
  • Bought a scanner and scanned in most of my old photo albums (which took a very long time.)
November

  • Went to a brilliant firework display in Ealing for Bonfire Night.
  • Saw (or rather tried to see) a not so brilliant Oxford Street lights switch on.
  • Saw an atrocious Amy Winehouse 'performance.'
December

  • Succumbed to peer pressure to join Facebook and met up with some old friends through it.
  • Attended a most peculiar christening.
  • Won preview night tickets to "Winter Wonderland" in Hyde Park but it turned out to be a Winter wet land.
  • Had yet another brilliant Christmas and New Year with the other half and her family.

General

  • Went to the cinema a paltry 39 times.
  • Blogged 80 times.

No comments: