Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Today I met Neil Gaiman...

Neil Gaiman signing at Waterstones PiccadillyMy favourite author.

He was being interviewed by the literary editor of the Guardian at the Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly, an event that went on for a fascinating, delightful and never boring hour followed by a rush down to Waterstones for the book signing.

Fortunately, being a local (of sorts) I knew that walking down Jermyn Street rather than along Piccadilly would get me to Waterstones faster.

And boy did it pay off. I was third in the queue. Result!

Neil signed my first print copy of 'Stardust', drew a shooting star under my name, shook my hand and I even got the pictorial evidence to prove it.

Feeling a bit chuffed as I walked past the queue of hundreds of people outside the shop, snaking around the road, I embarrassingly suddenly realised that I'd walked out without my camera.

Duh!

The guy working for the publishers (Headline) has taken the photo but I'd forgotten to pick up my camera from him as I walked past! Silly me. It did mean that I got to walk straight back in and see Neil again though. Ha!

No comments: