Monday, July 02, 2007

Holidays, holiday, holidays

I'm starting to suffer foreign country withdrawal symptoms. It's been a whole six months since I've left the country and as much as I love London and its relative safety(!), it's nonetheless nice to get out and see other parts of the world too to expand horizons, gain new perspectives and whatnot.

So, first I'm off to Rome with the girlfriend on her birthday at the end of this month for a week. We've booked a lovely hotel and I've sorted out a car to pick us up at the airport (it didn't cost that much extra) and drop us back on our return. We'll spend a few days exploring the city and then head up to Florence for a day too.

Then, since that's only for a week, we're both off to Budapest on the 20th of August for another week, so that I can show her where my ancestors came from and stun her with my crappy Hungarian.

I've booked a hotel with great reviews and with a guaranteed view across the Danube (which I know from experience will be beautiful.)

The 20th also happens to be St Stephens Day, a national holiday in Hungary as he's the national saint, so there will be a 25 mins firework display in the evening over the Danube and the Red Bull Air Race will also be in town. We should get a brillant view of all this from our hotel balcony.

Then I'll go off to see my family on one of the days too.

How's that for organisation? Now I can't wait to head off. Just 26 days to go...

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow! I would love to go to all those places!

I just visited London in April, then went to Paris, & Germany on a 3-wk. holiday... So, I know what u mean about foreign-country withdrawal symptoms... I miss London.. think I'll go every year... :D

doobrie said...

:)