Friday, June 29, 2007

iPhone

Yes it's finally out (in the US anyway.)

Here's a pretty good video review (for so long as it stays up) courtesy of The Wall Street Journal. The iPhone looks pretty cool though I don't think that it supports very good internet browsing speeds at the moment which is a big shame.

I'm not one for going with the crowd on things like this. The only reason that I never got an iPod is because everyone else had one. So I got a nice Creative Zen instead. It may be twice the size and weight but it does what I want and it's not an iPod.

I get annoyed by all those people who use their iPods on buses and trains with the prepackaged crappy earphones that leak sound so badly that you're guaranteed a tinny rendition of whatever the person sitting anywhere near you is listening to. It's like the late 80's/early nineties all over again when crappy sound leaking earphones were the norm. Then decent ones started to come out at mass-market affordable prices and now with the iPod, we're back to square one.

Anyway, I'll wait and see on the iPhone. I hope that through competition it'll encourage a bit more innovation with what's a bit of a boring mobile phone market at the moment.

Apologies for the "Sponsor's Message" before it. Very annoying for something that can be freely linked to and isn't hosted directly by WSJ by it's only 14 secs long and the rest makes up for it.

No comments: