Tuesday, April 03, 2007

MoanMoanMoan

We're still settling into the new building. From where I sit, by our company's "break out" area I am in the enviable position(!) of being able to hear what people are (mainly) moaning about.

So here for your reading pleasure are the (not very exciting) things that people moan and groan about for my listening pleasure every morning around the coffee machine.

Coffee
- It's not hot enough.
- It's too hot!
- It doesn't look the right colour.
- The machine isn't working, is it?
- It says that it needs cleaning.
- Where's that foreign guy who cleans it?
- Look, we've run out of milk again.
- Where's the milk?
- How does the machine work? I need training!

General Kitchen
- Why do they put all the glasses so high up?
- I can't reach them! I have to use the stepladder!
- Why is the kitchen arranged so badly?
- I have to go from one side to the other like a yo yo to get everything that I need.
- Where are the glasses/cups/plates?
- Why aren't there labels on the cupboards to help us find these things?
(I concur, some people are soooo noisy bashing cupboards around in their search.)
- The dishwasher is full, what do I do now? Shall I just leave my cup/plate/dish here?
- The kitchen is so dirty. Can't people clean up after themselves?

Air Con
- It's so hot, isn't it?
- It's bloody cold. I've not felt well since we've moved into this building.
- They said that they'd put the temperature up/down for us but a day later it just went back to the same temp that it was before.

No comments: