Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Busy doing nothing

Hmmmm, I'm struggling to find time to sit down and blog and sometimes it's not because my time is full up with lots of other interesting things but rather because my time is filled up with nothing.

Or rather a desire to be doing absolutely nothing.

I have a huge list in my head of all the things I should be doing, from stuff to do around the flat (and de-cluttering it is a bit one) right through to job, relationship and other future ponderings.

But it's a long list, that can seem overwhelming and so my brain kind of rejects those things and just says, "Switch off for a bit. You can always deal with those things later."

Eventually, of course, some things need to be dealt with sooner rather than later and so I'll get off me ass and do something.

Mostly, though, at the moment I don't.

Well, I do do some things, but they are mostly of the watch TV, chill out, play Guitar Hero II on my XBox360 variety, and they don't count.

"It's just a phase," I tell myself.

I hope that that's true.

No comments: