Friday, March 30, 2007

When a fast journey home isn't always a good thing

To eat more healthily and save myself money in the long run I now find that enjoy making my own sandwiches at home and taking them into work as a packed lunch.

To save myself time I like to do this in the evening ready for the next day.

Yesterday night, I found that I had run out of bread. I'd forgotten to buy any on the way home.

This was because the journey home had been so smooth and quick that I hadn't had any of that "thinking time" when I stand there for ages waiting for a bus or train to give me the chance to remember that I had to buy bread.

As a result, my morning routine was also disrupted.

Usually, I grab the sandwiches that I'd made the day before out of the fridge and stick them in my rucksack along with some fruit to nibble on through the day this also nudges me to routinely pick out a work shirt for the day. (I travel in dressed casually and get changed when I make it in.)

But guess what?!

Because I didn't have any sandwiches to pack away, I didn't pack a work shirt. *sigh*
Bizarrely I did pack some apples though. Who knows what my brain on automatic was thinking this morning?!

So here I am sat, wearing my work shoes and trousers (which I leave in the office) but with a t-shirt and sweatshirt on. *sigh*

And all because my journey home only took a smooth 30 minutes last night...*bugger!*

2 comments:

Station Supervisor said...

Typical passenger, blame all there bread woes on a good train service.

Tut tut Doobrie you should be ashamed.

3.1 said...

You'd best hope you get delayed then on your way home. :P