Wednesday, December 06, 2006

All set now

I'm all packed but the other half has amazed my by her ability to fill the huge suitcase that I lent her for our five day trip to the brim!

Me: "Isn't there anything that you can leave behind?"
Her: "No. Absolutely not!"
Me: "Sigh"


I'm not quite sure how she's going to find any room for anything that she might buy (up to the £145 limit you're allowed before declaring goods and having to pay tax on them....of course.)

I also had to resort to ringing up the limo company in New York re-confirm our "meet and greet " pick up, since I'd not received any confirmation from them after having booked a reservation over a week ago.

And it's just as well that I did as they had no record of my booking! As it was the woman on the other end of the line was apologetic and very professional so I gave her all the details again and we should be set for a nice luxury sedan pick up come tomorrow afternoon. PHEW!

I have to admit that I got a bit excited talking to someone across the Atlantic too. Sad, eh?
(And I used to do it all the time in my old job.)

Oh and to cap it all off, since we are flying with Virgin Atlantic, I came into work today and checked us both in online and even changed our seats to better ones so that the other half now has a nice window view with only me sat beside her rather than us being sat in the centre aisle as we were before! How cool is that?!

Also found a great Times Square webcam site so that I could check out a realtime feed of The Big Apple before I went. I'll try and keep an eye out for it when we are there and give a wave...How geeky is that! Hehe.

Anyway. See you all next week!

No comments: