Monday, August 08, 2005

Normal service is resumed....














I went to the cinema again over the weekend (yes, I know, I go A LOT.) I subscribe to a UGC Unlimited card, so for my 13.99’s worth I go at least 3 times a month, generally more. Working by Baker Street, it’s quite easy to pop down to Piccadilly or Leicester Square to see a film after work and not particularly hard to travel in from home to a cinema in Ealing or Shepherd’s Bush or into London proper.

So basically, each week, if there is a film on that sounds vaguely interesting, I’ll pop along and see it, whether or not I can get a friend interested. Yes, EACH WEEK!

Scary statistic coming up….So far this year I’ve been 41 times! I remember back in the old days when I used to pop along just when friends could go but I used to miss out on a load of films that I knew that I really wanted to see. So now I just go, regardless.

The film I saw this time is called “Dear Wendy.” It’s a strange one. Very symbolic about teenage kids in America who start out as shy misfits but start to come out of their shells when they carry concealed guns around. They don’t use the guns but just having them; knowing that they are there makes them feel stronger.

However things start to go awry over time as their group dynamic is changed and their new personalities start to emerge with consequences. I really liked the ending actually but I can imagine people who don’t like slow films that build to a crescendo not really going for this one.

How’s that for a quick spoiler free summary!

Being Monday, I always feel knackered when I get home. I still managed to walk down to South Kensington and catch the train from there but just had to chill out when I got home. This week I suddenly feel a lot safer on the train. Things seem back to normal. People are more relaxed. Well apart from the bloke who barged past me as I waited for people to get off the train this morning. He headed for the one spare seat and someone, who was already on the train, got to it first. Haha! He looked gutted!
Normal service is resumed….Though obviously things will never be the same again, for a while yet anyway.

I have to stop myself napping off when I got home else I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight. Hehe! Time to get my pipe and slippers, eh?!

Today, of all days, I forgot to take my digital camera into work. I took the shot above with my camera phone out of the window at work. I have no idea where they were going but I guess that they came from the barracks by Regents Park.

No comments: