Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Counting down the days


Hmmm, I'm starting to think that my days are flying by as my holiday gets closer.

I've moved into the last third of my 'Learn Hungarian' book. It makes my tube journey fly by but boy is it getting hard. My brain aches when I read about regular and irregular verbs, tenses, endings; when to use them; when not to.

But hey, I'm REALLY trying!

The weather in London has been near perfect today with warm temperatures and reasonably blue skies and lots of sunshine! I hope things are nice in Hungary too. I bought some factor-30 sun lotion today (as Boots are doing a 2 for 1 deal.) My pale skin burns waaaaay too easily and I live in optimistic hope of coming back with a nice tan.

I hate sunbathing as I don't like just sitting around in one place sizzling away but like going around and doing things in the sun and feel much happier that way.

I think that on days like this I operate on solar power!

I walked past the Royal Albert Hall after 7pm today so managed to avoid the crowds going to the Proms and took the picture of the Albert Memorial above. See blue skies!

I probably would have popped along for a prom or two but for my holiday. It's probably mega hot in the Albert Hall in this weather though!

Ta ta for now. I'm just watching the football. I've grown up as a big Liverpool fan and have the rest of the game to watch now!

No comments: