Monday, August 15, 2005

Bowling For Ujszasz


I still get woken up early by the sound of the local church bells. I've noticed that they ring them every half hour or so. It seems to me to be random though, as sometimes they do and other times they don't and they're rarely on the half hour mark exactly, rather they're a few minutes early or late each time. Weird!

Today was a bit more relaxing. Clouds have moved in to replace the blue skies and the sun only peeks through every so often. I mucked about with my niece and nephew not really doing anything special. My niece loves my PSP and that keeps her occupied most of the time.

Plus funnily enough watching my little god-son running around and how he reacts and learns from things and people around him is fascinating. Hours fly by this way!

In the evening we planned on driving down to the main large town, Szolnok. It's about half an hour's normal drive though my uncle doesn't really know what normal driving is so we got there in 15 minutes!

Unfortunately the film that we wanted to see wasn't on. My nephew look so downcast.

To try and salvage the evening I suggested bowling as I'd spotted a small (6 lane) bowling alley in the same mall as the cinema.

My uncle and nephew didn't think so though. Neither had ever been bowling before and to be honest I've only been a few times in my life but my nephew was so disappointed about the film that I managed to persuade them to give it a try.

And guess what....?! We had a brilliant time!

Okay our scores weren't important as with a truly bizarre technique of using the lightest ball and half flinging it down the lane, my uncle seemed to get strikes or spares a lot more than he should have!

Anyway, we had such a good time that we plan on going back either tomorrow or later in the week.

The weather was lovely when we headed back!
Gale force winds, pouring rain as a huge thunderstorm hit the area.

I discovered that my uncle's old Alfa-Romeo had a few leaks so was glad when we made it back to the house no more than a little damp. Any longer though and we may as well have been outside!

No comments: