Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Stroll on the South Bank


I went today to see a film preview at the National Film Theatre of a brilliant film called Mirrormask. Its screenplay is by Neil Gaiman (one of my favourite authors) and the director, Dave McKean, who is such a strong artistic visionary was on hand afterwards to talk about the film and answer questions. I really liked the film and it's a pity that it's not going to see a larger general release whilst a film like Hidden, that I saw on Wednesday and just left me empty and loathing of a wasted two hours of my life does.

I sat through the film a bit embarrassed, mind, as my nose started dripping about half-way through and I didn't have any tissues!


I then wandered down the South Bank back to Westminster and took a few shots on the way. London was typically cloudy (though weirdly not apparent in the Eye picture?!) but this didn't seem to dampen the crowd's enthusiasm for the performers out today or lessen the queues for the London Eye, which were still massive!

Only problem is now I've come down with some stupid heavy cold again. It was bloody cold. I couldn't feel my hands by the end. I slept for a few hours when I got home. I've nothing planned for tomorrow so hope a bit of rest will aid my recuperation.

Note to self....Bloody wear gloves next time!

1 comment:

3.1 said...

Nice candid shots there, Alex!

I'm surprised we hadn't crossed paths today in Westminster, as Mike and I were in town today for a brief moment.

Yes... gloves are needed for photography in this harsh weather. >_<