Friday, January 19, 2007

Ready to head off, yet again

Thanks to those who offered words of advice. Things on the romantic side have picked up again and everything is hunky-dory once more. In fact I feel that we are closer than we were before, which is good. It does mean that we'll probably be missing each other a lot more over the next two weeks though.

I've spent the past few days sorting out stuff for the holiday. The itinerary is basically flying out to Saigon (aka Ho Chi Ming City) via Bangkok, then west and north a bit across to Cambodia. A bit of beach time then off to it's capital Phnom Penh, up North to Angkor (a place I've always wanted to see!) and then a quick flight back to Bangkok for the last two days chilling out with a Singha or Chang beer watching the world go by on the Khaosan road.

I'm pretty much all packed barring toiletry stuff that I pack in at the last minute.

My laptop, camera (with nice new circular polarising filter), MP3 player, PSP with brain training game to make it through the long flights are sorted.

Passport, Vietnamese Visa, anti-malarial tablets, passport photos for Cambodian visa (for which we apply when we cross borders), anti-insect spray (one for clothes, one for skin), sun cream (factor 20 this time so that I might actually not come back looking whiter than when I went out as happened in Namibia with factor 30!), cap (essential for my follicly challenged head) and most other sundries are all there now.

I hope to actually write something up about my travels this time around as the Namibia write up was rather fore-shortened.

So, it's adieu for a short while I guess...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely wonderful. I'm glad the two of you are wanting to work it out now. It's always a good thing AND an encouraging thing.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for things working out!

Enjoy the travels and I'm sure you will remember to snap it all up for us.

Eugh... anti-malarial tablets... are they still as foul tasting as they'll ever be?

Safe journeys ahead.

Anonymous said...

please can you change you rlink for my blog, as I have moved - www.littlelegsdad.co.uk

ta