Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And Lo...A New Saga Unfolds

So, I rang Microsoft yet again as the labels that they were sending out to me for me to use to return my dead as a dodo XBox360 console to them hadn't arrived yet. It'd been over a week and they said five working days to me, so it was nigh on time to follow up.

An Indian/Scandanavian sounding chap then gave me the UPS tracking reference and contact number to follow up myself about the package. This was a bit annoying as I'd thought it'd be their job to find out what had gone wrong rather than me having to do their dirty work.

Oh well...I called them and got told that they would call me back after they had found out what had happened with my label.

This they duely did (good) but only to tell me that for some reason (unbenownst to them) the driver simply had got around to delivering the label (bad) and that they could try a redelivery.

"Ermm, since I won't ever be home during working hours, can I please change the delivery address to my work one?", I asked.

"Sure, but I can't do that, I'll transfer you to someone who can..." at which point they hung up on me! Argh!

But surprise, surprise, they promptly rang me back apologising and then did pass me through properly.

"We'll have to try at least one delivery before the delivery address can be changed" was their next response to me.

"So, even though I've told you I won't be home, you'll send someone out on a wild goose chase, wasting time, just so your system can then allow you to change the delivery address???", I asked incredulouly.

Exasterbated, I waited for a response. "Hang on, I'll see what I can do..."

"Sorry sir, but we can't change the delivery address, you'll have to call the supplier to have the label changed."

"SIGH, Okay. Thanks...Goodbye."

So basically, I rang Microsoft and arranged for the pickup from work. Apparently you pack up your console and UPS comes along, sticks a label on it and takes it away.

Twenty four hours later I'm still waiting for the pick-up from work.

Here we go again....

No comments: